TSiPASS : The “Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self- Certification System (TS-iPASS) Act, 2014” (Act 3 of 2014)
The Telangana Government has enacted the “Telangana State Industrial Project Approval and Self-Certification System (TS-iPASS) Act, 2014” (Act No.3 of 2014) for speedy processing of applications for issue of various clearances required for setting up of industries at a single point based on the self-certificate provided by the entrepreneur and also to create investor friendly environment in the State of Telangana.
The Salient features of the TS-iPASS are:
- All departments connected for establishing and operation of an Enterprise brought under purview of TS-iPASS.
- Time Limits set for each approval vary from 1 day to a maximum of 30 days depending upon the complexity of the approval.
- Pre-Scrutiny of the applications at State Level and District Level to assist the entrepreneurs in a proper submission of applications and to avoid delay in processing the files by the departments.
- Making it mandatory for the Competent Authorities to seek shortfall/additional information required, if any, only once, within three days from receipt of the application.
- Empowering the Entrepreneurs with Right to clearances under TS-iPASS, to know the reasons for delay if any in getting the clearance within time limits and penalizing the officers responsible for the delay.