Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Department, Government of Telangana.
About ITE&C Department
The Information Technology Wing was created as part of the Finance & Planning (Plg. Wing) Department vide G.O.Rt.No.2025 G.A. (Spl. A) Department dated 09-05-97. During September 2000 the Information Technology & Communications (IT&C) Department was given an independent status vide G.O. Ms. NO. 12, IT&C Dept. 11.09.2000.
To leverage Information Technology not only for effective and efficient governance, but also for sustainable economic development and inclusive social development.
To facilitate collaborative and innovative IT solutions, and to plan for the future growth while protecting, and enhancing the quality of life.
Telangana State Information Technology, Electronics and Communications Department (IT&C)’s main objective is to promote the use of Information Technology (IT) and act as a promoter / facilitator in the field of Information Technology in the state and build an IT driven continuum of Government services.
IT&C Department’s core functions are:
- Formulation of IT policy
- Focal point of IT related investment
- Promoting and Facilitating e-Governance and Smart Cities
- Stimulating entrepreneurship and facilitating students’ training /reskilling
- Department level coordination for IT applications / projects
- Planning and Coordination of all IT projects in the government
- Appraisal of new technologies and prescribing uniform standards
- Prioritization of departmental IT programs
- Technical support to government departments
- Pro-active promotion of IT in governance
- Participation / organisation of IT events
- Publication of promotional material
- IT-enabled services
- Management of all major networks in government
- Geographical Information system
- IT and IT-enabled education
- Citizen-centric projects of E-governance